Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A home for Sammie and a new home for us!


So Sammie, the foster kitten I convinced my husband to pull from animal control went to her new home. Yay! They seem like really nice people and were instantly in love with that little ball of purrs. We're so glad to have rescued her and sent her to her new forever home, but now the house feels a little empty. I know, ridiculous with a rabbit, a cat, two six week old kittens, two dogs... and a husband of course! Haha! So... I'm rescuing two more tomorrow. Two orange kittens that were abandoned in someone's yard the other day. So sad that someone could just leave these poor helpless kitties out to fend for themselves. Not to mention the fact that it's about a 1000 degree here in good old Georgia and these poor kittens would have died of heat stroke if not found when they were.

In other news, we're moving into a brand new house in just about 7 weeks. We spent this past weekend searching for the perfect home and found that it was harder than we though, until.... we stumbled upon the perfect house! We can't contain our excitement. I wish I could move tomorrow so we could get settled in. One of the best parts... a yard for the dogs! No more walking on leashes in the apartment community. We will have a brand new home with a brand new fenced in yard! Can't wait! Now, the move isn't something I'm looking forward to. We're doing a DITY move or PPM. That's going to be exhausting, but it may be well worth it financially for us to deal with the extra effort. My brother in law and father in law are willing to come down to help, so that at least take a bit of the heavy lifting off of my shoulders.


So, for now, I'm trying to tie up our lives here. I'm trying to get some school work done, rescue as many animals as I can, work as much as I can, buy a house, pack and move our house and fur family, and all while keeping my sanity. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment