Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding

So ANNOYED!!!! Is everyone obsessed with the royal wedding?!?! I've been hearing about the royal wedding for what seems like forever now. It's been going in one ear and out the other. It doesn't affect me. I don't know them. I'm happy for them if they're truly in love that they are getting married because I know that joy of marrying your best friend and wish for everyone to have that. I just don't get all the craziness about it.

Well, Friday I was getting ready for work and what was on every news channel.... the wedding. Yes, she looked beautiful. Yes, it was over the top, but why do I have to watch it. Are we that obsessed with someone's love life , in another country for that matter, that no other news is important. What about the tornadoes that ravaged the South this week? What about the war in Afghanistan? Even President Obama releasing his birth certificate was more relevant in my opinion. I just can't believe that the world would all stop for one wedding. It drives me nuts.

I figured that once the wedding was over it would be just that, over. Instead, I still have to hear about it repeatedly. I can't watch tv without someone bringing up her dress or her bouquet. Even facebook is not safe. Now, the news is obsessing over when and where they will be taking their honeymoon. Who cares? UGGGHHH!!!
Ok. Vent session over. Maybe I'm just grumpy because I miss my husband, maybe I have a point...

No comments:

Post a Comment